ANGEL Training for Winter Quarter
We have a new session of ANGEL training beginning January 13. The course is entirely online, though there will be some optional synchronous sessions. There are two sections.
The Full Section is
• for people who are new to teaching using course management systems.
• 6 weeks long (January 13 – February 23)
• Based on designing a course from scratch
• Covers basic online pedagogical theory
The Express Section is
• for people who are experienced using Blackboard or other course management systems
• 4 weeks long (January 13 – February 9)
• Based on converting an existing course
• Explores more advanced online pedagogy
• Have weekly graded work (the work is graded pass/fail)
• Take 4 – 6 hours a week to complete
• Have flexible time schedules – if you fall behind, it’s ok. You can continue on whenever it works for you
• Will have you ready to use ANGEL for Spring Quarter
• Are free and open to anyone in the community college system
To register, simply email Stephanie Delaney and indicate which session you want to be in (Full or Express) and I’ll get you signed up. Late starts are ok – we’ll accept sign ups through January 19. Please note that this is the only session that I will run online Winter quarter.