Thursday, April 16, 2009

Building and Promoting Online Faculty Communities

I've wanted to create an online community to support faculty, especially sharing ideas on best practices for teaching online. I have not had the time, but things might be opening up soon. I'd also like to create an atmosphere for collaboration on the eLearning space in ANGEL.

This workshop has reminded me of stuff I already knew and reminded me of how important it is that I actually make the time to create these communities.

The presenter was from Kaplan University and I used to teach there when I was a full time adjunct. I really felt more a part of that institution than any of the other colleges where I taught - even the places where I taught face to face! So there is something to be said for the faculty communities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home