Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's not our fault: Debating faculty complicity in Textbook Costs

Most people reading this know that I am into affordable textbooks and open educational resources. Interestingly, this is the least populated session that I've been to. There are only about 4 or 5 participants and most sessions have had at least 20. I hope this is not a foreshadowing of my session this afternoon.

The session is in a formal debate format with argument, rebuttal, etc. I didn't learn anything new, but was highly entertained. The debaters were very clever and fun.

Although the debate didn't present anything new, I did get to meet Pete Shapiro who is part of the Sirius Education project. They are doing something very similar to the Open Course Library. We had a lively talk and look forward to additional discussion later in the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home