Teaching in ANGEL training for Summer
We have a new session of ANGEL training beginning June 30. The course is entirely online. There are two sections.
The Full Section (159F) is
• for people who are new to teaching using course management systems.
• 6 weeks long (June 30 – Aug 10)
• Based on designing a course from scratch
• Covers basic online pedagogical theory
The Express Section (160F) is
• for people who are experienced using Blackboard or other course management systems
• 4 weeks long (June 30 – July 27)
• Based on converting an existing course
• Explores more advanced online pedagogy
• This is the last time I am offering the express session
• Have weekly graded work (the work is graded pass/fail)
• Take 4 – 6 hours a week to complete
• Have flexible time schedules – if you fall behind, it’s ok. You can continue on whenever it works for you
• Will have you ready to use ANGEL for Fall Quarter
• Are free and open to anyone in the community college system
To register, visit the WAOL instructor training page at http://www.waol.org/info/training/instTrainingRegistration.aspx. Please note that this is the only session that I will run online Summer quarter. I will offer a hybrid session (4 hour face to face session + 6 weeks online) before the quarter starts in September.
If you started the training previously and would like to begin again, please email Stephanie Delaney and we’ll get you going so you can start where you left off.
Let me know if you have any questions.